Case Management Fellow Program - FCM™
Case Management Fellows will represent a diverse community of thought leaders that take an active role in the identification of future trends and issues affecting case management, and serve the public and the case management profession by advancing the standards of practice through excellence.
Earning the FCMTM indicates a high level of demonstrated proficiency in the professional practice of case management, showing a commitment to knowledge through continuing education and publication, and establishes Fellows as influencers to the growth of the profession.
FCMs will be recognized leaders of the case management community, ambassadors of the profession, visionary, strategic thinkers, mentors, authors, speakers, leaders, and facilitators.
The 2022 CM Fellow submission period has closed. The 2023 deadline for submissions will be announced this summer.
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- Hold a case management certification from a nationally recognized certifying body.
- Be a current member of CMSA for most recent five (5) years.
- Minimum of ten (10) years in the professional practice of case management.
- Possess professional licensure or hold an advanced health and human services degree.
- Complete the online CM Fellow Application Form to CMSA by date provided: include a personal statement on your commitment to the field of case management and provide an essay on why become a Fellow is important – view an example of the application criteria.
- Attach your Curriculum Vitae and a Current Professional Head Shot for Publication
- Attach three (3) letters of recommendation from three separate individuals that have worked with you in a professional capacity with first-hand knowledge of your contributions to the field of case management. Consider a supervisor, mentor, mentee, professional peer, someone in a leadership position, or another FCM.
- Submit your application and non-refundable payment of $350.
The CM Fellow Selection Process
- Applications will be reviewed by the CM Fellow Selection Committee, made up of 5-9 members that are FCMs and appointed by the CMSA President.
- Applications meeting the minimum criteria will be reviewed and evaluated by the CM Fellow Selection Committee utilizing a scoring rubric.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee are final.
The CM Fellow Renewal Process
- Current Fellows must renew their Fellow status every two (2) years.
- A renewal fee of $250 will be required at time of renewal.
- Renewing Fellows must be current CMSA members in good standing and have a current case management certification.
- A brief statement on continued contributions to the professional practice of case management will be required for renewal.
Announcing the CMSA Founding Fellows:
Patricia Agius, BS, RN, CCM, CPHQ, FCM
Jeanne Boling, MSN, CCM, CRRN, FCM
Anne Llewellyn, MS, BHSA, RN, CCM, CRRN, FCM
Catherine Mullahy, RN, BS, CRRN, CCM, FCM
Mindy Owen, RN, CRRN, CCM, FCM
Nancy Skinner, RN, CCM, CMGT-BC, ACM-RN, CMCN, FCM
Hussein M. Tahan, PhD, RN, FAAN, FCM
Gary Wolfe, RN, CCM, FCM